Friday, November 19, 2010

Alabama vs. GSU 11-18-10

Last night Robbie and I took our friends Wiley and Crystal to their first Alabama game.  Anyone who knows me knows I could care less about who we're playing - I just love being in Bryant-Denny Stadium!  So, it was fine with me that they were playing Georgia State - at least I knew we'd win that one for sure!  I did feel kinda bad before the game when I heard that this was GSU's first year to have a football team...

Got there early and did a little walking, visiting, and shopping of course.  Picked up some great new ornaments for my Alabama tree.  (Realized last year that I've accumulated so many Alabama ornaments that I needed a separate tree for them!).  Had quite a scare before I got into the stadium, though.  Everybody knows I'm quite addicted to my iPhone.  I'm constantly checking to make sure I have it.  Well...while walking to the gate last night, I realized I'd lost it!  Robbie was trying to calm me down and called it so I could try and find it in my ginormous purse, and my heart stopped when I heard him say "Who is this?"  I just knew somebody had picked up my phone and I'd never see it again!  Luckily, an honest person had picked it up from me apparently dropping it and ended up meeting him on the other side of the stadium to get it.  There ARE a few honest people left out there!  He wouldn't let me pay him or anything, but I was quite willing too!

We had a great time at the game, though it was quite boring.  We were ahead 42-7 at halftime, and the stadium was clearing out quickly.  But, I always stay til the very end, and that's what we did last night.  Luckily with the new addition to the stadium, a lot of the wind was blocked, so it wasn't even that cold.

Here are a few pics from last night, though I had no idea I looked that terrible last night until I looked at these today!

                                                                  My happy place! :)


                           Final score - way ugly when your 3rd and 4th string play almost the entire 2nd half

Going to see Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan in Birmingham tonight with the hubby, and possible have backstage passes.  SUPER excited!  Will post pics from that soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment