Monday, November 15, 2010

It's Time for Me :)

“There comes a time when you have to stand up and shout: This is me damn it! I look the way I look, think the way I think, feel the way I feel, love the way I love! I am a whole complex package. Take me... or leave me. Accept me - or walk away! Do not try to make me feel like less of a person, just because I don't fit your idea of who I should be and don't try to change me to fit your mold. If I need to change, I alone will make that decision. When you are strong enough to love yourself 100%, good and bad - you will be amazed at the opportunities that life presents you.” - Stacey Charter

So, this is my new motto. For pretty much all of my life, I've lived for other people. I like for everyone to be happy. I've taken a step back lately to look at what's truly important in my life, and I'm focusing on that.
*I have a wonderful husband who loves me for me, and who puts up with me like no one else on this planet ever would!

*No, I don't have a ton of friends, but this is by choice. The ones I have I know I can count on no matter what. I learned a hard lesson about trust and friendship this year, and I know I am blessed to have a small number of awesome people in my life. These are the ones who have stuck by me, not judged me, and helped me get through my failed "best friendship." A friendship should be a give and take, and looking back, I can see that that's not what that was. But, I'm stronger because of it, though my trust level is pretty low right now.

*I have a great job that I love. It doesn't pay the greatest, but it's rewarding. It frustrates me at times, and I get burnt out at times, but my bills are paid and I have a little left over. :) That's all I can ask for I reckon.

*I'm going back to school this spring! I can't wait!!! I minored in psychology my first go round, so I'm going back to finish my second Bachelor's and at least my master's. I'm hoping I have enough patience and will-power to finish my phD, but we'll see about that. :)

I'm finally at a place in my life where I can see how truly blessed I am, and I'm happier than I've been in a long, long time. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment