Thursday, January 27, 2011

Eating Habits

Weird, random post from me today...

So, a coworker was making fun of me because I'm eating Wheat Thins dipped in ranch dressing.  (It's pretty freaking awesome.) I know I'm one of the pickiest eaters ever, so I decided to list my strange eating habits in black and white just so I can see how strange I might be.

  • Apparently Wheat Thins and ranch dressing is a good place to start.  (Cheez Its and ranch dressing is pretty great too).
  • I only eat the crust and sauce when I eat pizza - I ALWAYS pick the toppings off.  I've done this as long as I can remember.  (And I don't order breaksticks with sauce because they taste different). 
  • Nor will I eat pizza (crust and sauce) with peppers and onions.  The taste seeps into the crust.  Yuck.
  • I usually only eat salads when I make them at home.  This is because I don't like the "crunchy" part of the lettuce, I only like the leafy part.  Exception is at Subway because they have shredded lettuce.
  • I only like biscuits for breakfast from McDonalds or Hardee's.  I always get bacon and cheese, no egg.  I open it, eat the bacon first, then the cheese.  Then put strawberry jelly on both halves of the biscuit and eat them separately.
  • A1 on fried catfish and crinkle-cut fries in awesome!  My husband thought I was nuts until he tried it - seriously good stuff.
  • I like deer meat as long as I don't know it's deer.  If you tell me, my throat will close and I will not be able to swallow.  All stems from learning I was eating deer steak as a child while watching Bambi.  Thanks Uncle John, scarred for life.
  • I have to have a tomato product in my diet at least once a day, preferably salsa, tomato sauce, or diced tomatoes.  Though peeled home-grown tomatoes in the summer with salt is by far top of my list.
  • I dip my cornbread in ketchup.  Can't eat cornbread without it.
  • I also put ketchup in my butterbeans, and sometimes in my peas.
  • I don't like cheese on my hamburgers except from McDonalds.
  • I can only stomach cream cheese and sour cream if it's cooked in something, and I'd prefer not to know it's in there, though I cook with both a lot.
  • I hate ricotta cheese and cottage cheese.  It's a texture thing...
  • I don't like chocolate.  I'll eat it every now and then in the small form of a Hershey's kiss, but that's it.  (Except I love Rolo's - all that caramel, I don't mind the chocolate so much).  Don't like chocolate cake either.
  • I don't like ice cream.
  • I don't eat leftovers, except from Olive Garden, Nick and Al's (pasta only), DePalma's, and Pearl Garden.
  • I only eat Chinese food from Pearl Garden in Tuscaloosa.  I ate there so often when I lived there that nothing else tastes the same.
  • The only vegetables that I'll touch are the "Southern" ones, and I don't eat all of them.  Some of my faves are tomatoes (duh), butterbeans, black-eyed/purple-hull peas, stewed potatoes, whole kernel corn or corn on the cob (hate creamstyle corn!), and that's about it...though I have had a friend make me squash before, and I really liked it.
 Ok, maybe putting it in black and white wasn't a good idea.  I am kinda a strange, picky eater...Oh well.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you on some of these. And I love ketchup and corn bread! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are only the second person I've ever heard say they like ketchup and cornbread. Most people think that's the grossest thing ever!

    And Roz, I don't like cottage cheese, but you don't really even know it's there in your lasagna.

    ReplyDelete