Monday, January 31, 2011

Stepping Outside My Box

A few months back, someone opened a Painting with a Twist location here in Meridian.  (http://paintingwithatwist.com/meridian)  I've been thinking about checking it out for a while, but I can't even really draw straight stick-figures, much less paint.

But...an old friend I've recently begun to reconnect with invited me to a private party there Friday night.  I tossed around the idea for a few days, should I go, should I not go?  Art is not something I'm comfortable with, I won't really know anyone else there, blah blah blah.  So, I just went for it and signed up.  Once you pay for it, there's really no backing out I guess. 

I went, and guess what...I had a really great time!  They teach you every step of the way, and they'll even help you fix it it you're not crazy with one of the steps.  I think it turned out ok, but I'm always my toughest critic. 

Robbie either apparently liked it or just wanted to spare my feelings, but, either way, it ended up on the living room wall.  It's not too shabby for my first one, and a few friends are looking at which painting to do next month.



So I guess I learned that it's ok to step outside my comfort zone every now and then...

2 comments:

  1. We went when they first opened and I, like you, can't draw a straight line but I found it to be fun and I can't wait to do it again. Twinkles has a class on Thursday nights and I'm thinking about trying out one of their classes, too. It's amazing what we can do when we put our minds to it! And btw - I think it turned out great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've been thinking of taking one of Dana's classes too. Krilecia took one and just loved it.

    ReplyDelete