Sunday, March 20, 2011

30-Day Photo Challenge, Day 4

A habit you wish you didn't have...

This one is quite easy:
I'm addicted, seriously.  It's unhealthy.  I've tried to take a break, but I just can't seem to.  Though I will say that I didn't miss it much after the first day when we were on our cruise 2 years ago,  but I went right back to it.

What is it about Facebook that sucks people in so much?  I started my account when it first came out as a requirement from college professors.  That was before it blew up into what it is today, and professors would post assignments, etc. on their pages.  I don't remember how it quickly transitioned into the social networking black hole that it is today, but wow.

It is a great way to keep up with family and friends that live out of town, but I can't say I use it just for that purpose.  It's a sounding board, a feedback site, and a place to feel better about your life when you see how miserable other people really are (though if you stay negative all the time, I'll hide you or delete you).

It's also a great place to stir drama, as I've noticed lately.  I'd have never thought that anything I posted on Facebook would be deemed so interesting by people who supposedly don't like me, but I apparently am more interesting than I thought.

One day I hope to break this habit...maybe they should start having 12-step programs for Facebook addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment