Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Today is the day

‎"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned." - Buddha


I subscribe to Quotes Daddy on Facebook, and there's a new, random quote in my newsfeed every morning.  This morning was the above quote, and I couldn't get it out of my head.  I reposted it as my status, and I've been thinking about it all day.  Because it's correct. 
 
Anger is defined as an emotion related to one's psychological interpretation of having been offended, wronged or denied and a tendency to undo that by retaliation.  What good does it do for people to remain angry and hold on to anger and hurt feelings?  The other person doesn't know exactly how you feel, and most of the time they don't even care.  So why let that anger eat at you?  I'm really bad about that.  I hold grudges entirely too long, years at at time.  And though I might eventually forgive, I never foget.  Ever.
 
So, I've decided that today is my day to begin to let things go.  No longer will I read her blog.  No longer will I listen to negativity from people who don't even know the situation & are just trying to stir up drama.  No longer will I take things I hear so personally.  No longer will I care.  No longer will I respond when I know people are just trying to push my buttons. 
 
Today is the day that I bury several relationships and let it all go.  And that feels simply awesome. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna steal that top quote if you don't mind. I know someone who needs to see it.

    One of the best things about tomorrow is that it is a new day and we get to wake up and start over again. Consider it a clean slate and enjoy your day! Thinking about ya!

    ReplyDelete