Tuesday, February 8, 2011

21 Life Lessons

So, I came across this today in an old email, and I decided to share.  (Don't you feel special?!?!?!)  And then, I decided to add my own comments and opinions just 'cause I felt like it. :)


ONE. Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.  I usually always do this, whether I want to or not.  It seems to be in my nature.  I've noticed lately that I tend to give more to some people than I tend to receive, and I reckon that's ok too.

TWO. Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their conversational skills will be as important as any other.

THREE. Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want. I know a TON of people that should read this one.  This town is so full of people who like to create gossip when there isn't really a story to be told.  As for the second part, I have learned this one over time.  I'm not materialistic, but I do like "happies."  Robbie is the frugal one, and we just paid my car off.  I have friends asking, "So, when are you gonna get a new car?  Yours is a few years old now."  Yes, but it's paid for!  There's nothing at all wrong with it, so I think I'll keep it.  :)  And

FOUR. When you say, "I love you," mean it. When did people start throwing these 3 words around so much, or have I just recently began to notice this?  I tell my husband, my family, and my friends I love them a lot.  But I mean it.  If you're my friend, and I've told you I love you, we've been friends for a long time, I trust you, and I honestly love you.  I see people on Facebook telling people "Love you!" when they were JUST gossiping about them last week. 

FIVE. When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye. If you're truly sorry, text and email doesn't cut it.  You have to say it in person so the person can see it in your face.

SIX. Be engaged at least six months before you get married.

SEVEN. Believe in love at first sight.

EIGHT. Never laugh at anyone's dream. People who don't have dreams don't have much.

NINE. Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it's the only way to live life completely.

TEN.. In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling. Big lesson learned lately.  You can't take back anything that's said, and words said in anger are the worst.

ELEVEN. Don't judge people by their relatives. Lord knows I've got plenty that I don't want people judging me by!

TWELVE. Talk slowly but think quickly.

THIRTEEN. When so me one asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?" Or just say "Nonya business!"

FOURTEEN. Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.

FIFTEEN. Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.

SIXTEEN. When you lose, don't lose the lesson

SEVENTEEN. Remember the three R's: Respect for self; Respect for others; and Responsibility for all your actions.

EIGHTEEN. Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship. Though sometimes the disputes are so large that the friendships can't be salvaged, no matter how bad you want it to me.

NINETEEN. When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.

TWENTY. Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.

TWENTY-ONE. Spend some time alone. I believe this is a must for anyone, I know it definitely is for me.  I love people, but sometimes I just don't wanna be around anyone else.  My favorite alone time is my running time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment